Thursday, June 01, 2006

I Wonder

I wonder whether man has fundamentally changed over the last couple of decades? Recent incidents like the abandonment of a living fellow climber near the peak of Mt. Everest, the emerging story on the Haditha tragedy, not to mention the shooting of a pregnant Iraqi woman really make me wonder.

Is it humankind, that is becoming less kind or is it nurture - a change in culture - that is making us more selfish and harder of heart?

Tragedy, war, stress, none of these are new to human experience. Or, could it be that the past was just as bad but that I tend to romanticize it?

I don't know.
I just don't know.


But, I do wonder...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are probably right. Mankind has never been very kind

SHARE THIS NOW

Google+ javascript:(function(){var now=new Date(),month=now.getMonth()+1;day=now.getDate();year=now.getFullYear();window.polarbear=window.polarbear||{};var D=550,A=450,C=screen.height,B=screen.width,H=Math.round((B/2)-(D/2)),G=0,F=document,E;if(C>A){G=Math.round((C/2)-(A/2))}window.polarbear.shareWin=window.open('https://www.polarbearapp.com/app','','left='+H+',top='+G+',width='+D+',height='+A+',personalbar=0,toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1');E=F.createElement('script');E.src='//www.polarbearapp.com/js/web-bookmarklet.js?v='+month+'-'+day+'-'+year;F.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(E)}());