Monday, May 12, 2008

Course in MT designed for College Students

AN exciting new course on medical transcription designed for college students in Coimbatore has been announced at Phoenix & Ahead

I am really excited about the possibilities. I will be handling the Language of Medicine (LOM) and in whatever other ways that I can. The Phoenix center is beautifully designed with a ThinCLient networked Lab and a separate dedicated classroom with all the infrastructure in place.

It looks to be an eight month stretch (by sacrificing all of one's weekends) and any college student should be able to earn a certificate in Medical Transcription.

There are obvious synergies for students as their command of English will automatically get polished and that's a huge plus for getting through any of the competitive entrance exams (GRE, GATE, CAT, CEE or TOEFL ...).

Furthermore, as I myself am a witness, being able to do MT as a transcriptionist or editor is a tremendous boon in any financial tight spot - and we all know that students and young people generally will face plenty of those!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best sam.

Unknown said...

Thanks Paru! One day very soon I think I'll figure out how to entice you to return to Cbe, then you'll realise that Phoenix is where you should be. It's so much more fulfilling & FUN to teach.

Anonymous said...

yes of course sam, I discovered it when I was training a set of kids in concorde and then at ajit's company. I ventured in with much trepidation, but then I surprised myself with my capacity to turn challenge into fun (and a bit of frolic too). It was great fun and we both thoroughly enjoyed, the trainor and the trainees. But I really wonder if I am ever going to move out of here. I have sort of resigned myself to this home here and the luxury of laziness it allows me. Besides, there is the question of my mom. I can't be away from her now. Also, it takes just 20 min from the entry point (airport) to home in chennai. Big plus.

But, any day, it is training that lets you keep the cake and eat it too!!!

So keep filling me in with what is happening there. I am all ears.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... seems to me your mom and sister too would probably enjoy Cbe, why not ask?

Anyhow, if what you really want to do is to be involved in training then I think I may have something for you even if u r temporarily in Chennai.

I'll let you know as the idea takes shape!

SHARE THIS NOW

Google+ javascript:(function(){var now=new Date(),month=now.getMonth()+1;day=now.getDate();year=now.getFullYear();window.polarbear=window.polarbear||{};var D=550,A=450,C=screen.height,B=screen.width,H=Math.round((B/2)-(D/2)),G=0,F=document,E;if(C>A){G=Math.round((C/2)-(A/2))}window.polarbear.shareWin=window.open('https://www.polarbearapp.com/app','','left='+H+',top='+G+',width='+D+',height='+A+',personalbar=0,toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1');E=F.createElement('script');E.src='//www.polarbearapp.com/js/web-bookmarklet.js?v='+month+'-'+day+'-'+year;F.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(E)}());